Who we are
Founded in 2013, Apheriox (or Woozas) is a Natural Selection 2 gaming and modding community with the passion to play beyond the limit. We enjoy large player battles and play a great variety of custom maps and game modes.
We are not focused on monetary gain. That means, that all our ‘services’ such as custom badges or shoulder or whatever we offer, are totally free.
- We don’t really have any rules*. Embrace the freedom (or chaos, as some say).
*An Admin or Wooza Operator may intervene when the server reputation or game quality is targeted.
- We love to play custom maps. Playground offers 40+ Maps. Type in chat !nominate ns2_mapname to nominate a map.
- Lazy AFK settings: You can be AFK up to 5min before you might get kicked if server is full and someone tries to join. After 2min you will be moved to the readyroom
- There is no one with a reserved slot. We are not hosting this community to make a profit.
- We offering highest quality gameservers. In December 2016, only 1% of all CPU’s performed similar.
- Create your own custom badges or shoulder patches, for free.
- We give modders and mappers a place to present their mods.
You may join our Steam Group to be always up to date.
- 2017-04-23: Wooza’s Playground: Testing a new mod, Smarter Mac. Read more here.
- 2017-04-21: Officially released: The Discord Bridge. Chat now from Disord with ingame players and vice versa!
- 2017-04-20: Wooza’s Playground: Map added: ns2_combat.
- 2017-04-08: Promoted Custom Map of the Month: ns2_nexus. Full article here
The News archive can be found here.
Connect with our community
- Find us on Steam: Click here
- Find us on Discord: Click here
- Problems ingame or wish to talk to an admin or Wooza Operator? Find the list here
Customize your Player
You have the possibility to create a custom badge and shoulder patch on all our NS2 servers, for free. Visit one of the tutorial to learn how to customize your player.
Our skin progress system is not finished yet. Stay tuned about more news!
Server Configuration & Mods
We strive to run the servers as vanilla as possible, so that players do not get confused about a total different gameplay. It is not possible to run the server totally vanilla, so we decided to have mods which help with the scaling of spawns with many players and added mods which improve or extend existing features in NS2.
- Marines starting with one more IP’s (total 3) when server has more than 24 player.
- Flame Sentries: Marine commanders can place a new type of sentries.
- Aliens Egg spawning rate balances with the alien team size.
- Better Gorge Tunnel Control: Decide which tunnel you want to destroy.
- Smarter Whips: They are now more intelligent targeting marines and can knockback them.
- Team Size based Resource Tickrate: The less people in your team compared to your enemies, the more team resources you get!
Most mods despite Shine Administration and NS2+ are included in Wooza’s Potpourri and Wooza’s Hodgepodge. You can follow the development progress on GitHub:
Server Hardware Specs
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K @ 5200MHz, 1.456v
MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, z170 Chipset
RAM: Vengeance® LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (14-17-17-35-1T)
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB